Night Lights - by Tom Slack
The trust that you think you need from meIs not something I can give freely.
My heart just can't open up that way.
Exposing hurt is not that easy,
And it's not something I want you to see.
I pray every day that you will stay.
You see I have been hurt before
And I'm afraid I can't take any more.
So take it slow, cause you know, I've been hurt.
I need to know you won't let me down,
That you won't start to run around
Before I let you all the way in.
Prove to me I'm your only one.
Don't leave me here as the lonely one.
Help me to believe in love again.
My hand wants to be in your hand
And I want you to be my man,
But I'm scared, and I hope you will understand.

No comments:
Post a Comment